SUMMER BREAK: We will be closed May 31 - June 7. Most orders received by May 30 will ship on May 31. Next shipping day is June 10. Thank you!
Boxes, pads, and other whelping helps.
Free Whelping Forms
Download forms to help organize and track your whelping event.
Thanks to nature, puppy birthing will often proceed with minimal assistance. But successful breeding requires careful planning and attentive notes. Keep detailed records before and after the whelping process.
(Puppy Birth Record)
63 Day Perpetual Birth Chart
Litter Weight Record
EZwhelp. Mama knows best.
EZwhelp FAQs & Info PadsWhelping Boxes How long will my pads last?
When properly laundered, your new
pads will last through more than a hundred washings, perhaps much more. Please consider that many competitors' claims on this point are exaggerated.
The life of our used
pads will vary depending on which grade you purchase.How do I launder my multi-layer pads? (part numbers starting with LJ)
How do I launder my laminated pads? (part numbers starting with VI)
- Machine wash hot.
- Bleach only if needed (excess bleach will reduce the life of the product).
- Tumble dry medium heat.
- CAUTION: Fabric softener with some materials (brushed tricot) will render the product hydrophobic.
- Do not iron.
- Pre-wash before initial use. Expect shrinkage of about 1.5% to 2.5%.
- Machine wash. Do not exceed washing temperature of 176 Deg F.
- Tumble dry medium heat. Do not exceed drying temperature of 176 Deg F.
- Do not use fabric softener or bleach.
- Do not iron.
Why use a whelping box?
How do I help my mama be comfortable with the whelping box?
- This is a controlled place where you'd like mama to have her pups, and to nurse them. Otherwise, she makes her own choice--which you may not like (a closet, your bed, etc.).
- When you provide the box, you size it. It will be big enough for mama's easy entrance and exit, but small enough to keep the pups together.
- It will allow you to regulate temperature.
- A whelping box will support "pig rails" for puppy protection.
- A whelping box will help control birthing and puppy mess and will facilitate cleaning.
- It will allow for some adjustments (door height, rail height, extensions).
In general, we find that bitches like our boxes and this is not a problem. Some things you can do:
What size box should I get?
- Lie in the box with her.
- Make it her home, with her favorite blanket and security toys.
- Place the box near you -- away from traffic -- but close to your presence.
- Try putting one of your blankets in the box (something with your scent).
For whelping box size suggestions, look here
|Home • Testimonials • FAQs • Policies • Contact Us|
(c) Copyright 2013 Valethics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.